Monday, June 30, 2008

Bounty Hunter Case Filed

I filed the "Bounty Hunter" case today. It's Priebe v. Tidwell, et al, No. 3:08-CV-652 in the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee. One interesting wrinkle - under Rule 26(d), Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, discovery can't commence until after the Rule 269f) conference. Yet, in this case there are two John Doe defendants and one other defendant that we don't have a solid address on. That information is in the hands of the fourth defendant.

That means that some discovery is necessary to learn the names and addresses of the John Doe defendants before the Rule 26 conference can be held. I made a motion today, which should be heard ex parte, to permit me to serve one defendant with an interrogatory that requires him t disclose the names and addresses of the other defendants.

I posted the motion out on my JD Supra page (http://www.jdsupra.com/profile/lawyerhatton) for anyone who is interested.

~Tim

No comments: