Sunday, June 22, 2008

JD Supra

I finally got around to configuring my JDSupra page (http://www.jdsupra.com/profile/lawyerhatton). In case you haven't heard, JDSupra is a web site intended for document sharing between lawyers. Last week, I posted my first document - a motion to suppress a search based on Tennessee constitutional law.

It seems that most of the players on JDSupra are the big, public interest, firms. And what they post seems to be more documents designed to garner publicity. The site even has a Hot Docs feature that lets you flag documents for the media.

My plans for JDSupra are rather simple. I am going to post any document that I think would be of interest to a small, general practice, law firm. Things that they can actually use.

Time will tell whether the site proves useful to me or other lawyers like me.

~Tim

No comments: